I started working at the Westfield Area Y in 2005. I continue to be dedicated to the Y because it is the only health and fitness organization that will not refuse any person membership due to financial hardship. I’m an avid believer in the Annual Support Campaign of the Y and the good works the Y does for the community. I hold dearly in my heart the mission of the Y – for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
My primary focus is aquatic personal training. The Y has two pools which allows for every type of training – strength, cardio respiratory, flexibility, agility, balance, coordination, and fun. I currently teach both deep and shallow water exercise classes along with Ai Chi.
- AEA Certified Water Fitness Professional- Aquatic Exercise Association
- Ai Chi Certified Instructor
- Certified AQUASTRENGTH Instructor
- Delay the Disease Certified Parkinson’s Instructor
- Arthritis Foundation Certified Program Leader
- AQX Certified Water Running Instructor
- YMCA Certified Group Fitness Instructor/ Strength and Conditioning Certified
- Schwinn Fitness Certified Instructor
- Concept 2 certified Indoor Rowing Instructor
- YMCA Certified Lifeguard/ Swim Instructor
- AEA Large Size Population Certified, Yo-Pi-Chi
- Aquatic Therapy and Rehabilitation Member- ATRI
- ACSM Member