When it comes to getting in shape, mental strength is just as important as physical strength. The primary ingredient you need is the desire to succeed. The hardest part is taking the first step; to motivate yourself to come to the gym. I am a huge proponent of safe, efficient, and functional movement. I emphasize proper form with all of my clients as it is absolutely essential in preventing injuries.
I was a running coach for Team in Training (Leukemia and Lymphoma Society), and am a volunteer for the Special Olympics of New Jersey. Prior to working at the Westfield Area Y, I was the Director of Sports and Recreation at the JCC of Central NJ.
- Personal Trainer certified by Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) since 1995.
- Cancer Care Specialist with an emphasis in Breast Cancer certified since 2003.
- Pre and Post Rehab certified by Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) since 2012.
- Delay the Disease certified since 2013.
- Youth Fitness certified by Aerobics and Fitness Association of America since 2008.