The Westfield Area Y is here to help you improve the health and wellness of your spirit, mind and body no matter where you are on your journey to living a healthier, happier life. Our certified staff is here to provide the motivation, knowledge and support you need.Youth Sports, Dance and Tae Kwon Do
7th Grade Initiative Program
The Westfield Area Y, in partnership with UnitedHealthcare, offers all 7th graders in our service area of Cranford, Garwood, Mountainside and Westfield FREE physical, nutritional, and educational opportunities, and a FREE Westfield Area Y limited pre-teen program plus membership for the school year.
The 7th Grade Initiative includes:
- FREE membership for the school year with use of exercise equipment, open swim and gym time
- Five FREE one-on-one orientations with a strength trainer
- FREE Intro to Strength Training classes with a certified personal trainer
- FREE Flyers Fall Cross Country program (Westfield location) and other classes to be added
- FREE Friday Teen Nights
- Access to more classes & programs at member rates (including swim lessons)
- New text messaging program lets you know about special events and trips
- Togetherhood projects (community service)
Registration is required for the program. Register at the Welcome Center or contact Amanda Aguirre, Director of Physical Programs, at email@example.com ; 908-301-9622 x258 for more information.
Annual UnitedHealthcare Health Bee
As part of the 7th Grade Initiative, the Westfield Area Y hosted its 10th annual UnitedHealthcare Health Bee on April, 2019. The Health Bee is a Jeopardy-style quiz competition designed to get middle school students excited about health, fitness and nutrition. Check out this great video produced by UnitedHealthcare: