The Westfield Area Y is a nonprofit 501 ( c ) 3 human service organization. It is our mission to develop the full potential of every individual and family in the communities we serve through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
With over 11,000 members, we are one of the largest health and human service organizations in Union County, NJ. For over 85 years, we have been committed to strengthening communities in Westfield, Cranford, Garwood, Mountainside and other Union County towns.
Developing and supporting healthy communities is a core objective of the Westfield Area Y. Our programs promote strong physical, mental and spiritual well-being, and include:
- Full day NAEYC-accredited child care and Kindergarten
- Half day NAEYC-accredited preschool
- After school child care at 9 sites
- Preschool, youth, teen and adult sports programs
- Preschool, youth, teen, adult and senior swimming programs
- Youth and teen enrichment programs, including Model United Nations, Youth & Government, Leaders Club and Black Achievers
- Family life programs including Adventure Guides, Real Girls and Parent/Child classes
- ACA-accredited summer day camp for children ages 3-15
- Active older adult fitness, social and recreational programs
- Cardiovascular and strength training equipment and classes for teens, adults and seniors
- Adult health and wellness programs, health lectures and screenings
Thanks for visiting the Westfield Area Y website. We look forward to meeting the needs of you and your family soon at the Westfield Area Y.