At the Westfield Area Y, we expect staff, members and guests to behave in accordance with our mission and values at all times, respecting the rights and dignity of others.
At the Westfield Area Y, we adhere to the code of conduct by demonstrating our 4-core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility:
- Speaking in respectful tones; refraining from the use of vulgar or derogatory language; and dressing appropriately.
- Resolving conflicts in a respectful honest and caring manner; never resorting to physical contact or threatening gestures.
- Respecting others by refraining from intimate behavior in public; abstaining from contact of a sexual nature.
- Respecting the property of others; never engaging in theft or destruction.
- Creating a safe, caring environment; never carrying illegal firearms or devices.
- Participating in programs to build a healthy spirit, mind and body; never engaging in the use, sale, dispensing or possession of illegal drugs or narcotics, or the unsanctioned use of alcohol on Westfield Area Y premises.
Adherence to the Westfield Area Y Code of Conduct and regulations is essential.
Non-compliance may result in suspension or termination of Westfield Area Y membership privileges.
Policies for Membership and Programs
Membership and Program Credits/Refunds
- Membership fees are non-refundable. Camp and Child Care Education deposits are non-refundable.
- An annual membership may be extended for medical reasons and/or extended illnesses at the discretion of the Westfield Area Y. If the member was unable to use the facility, the member must notify the Senior Director of Membership within 30 days of illness and submit a doctor’s note.
- If the Y cancels a class due to lack of enrollment or facility conflict, 100% refund or credit
- If the participant cancels, credits/refunds (less a $10 service fee) are issued as follows:
- 100% refund or credit before session begins
- 75% credit: during the first week of class
- 50% credit: second week of class
- no refunds/credits are issued after the second week
- Refunds are given on a percentage basis in cases of misconduct
- There is a $5 fee for class switches after the first day of the session
- Credits and gift certificates will be honored for one year from date of issue
Member ID cards must be presented each time you enter the Westfield Area Y. Replacement of a lost card is $5.
Please review the Member Handbook for policies, procedures and other important information.